After much careful deliberation, I decided to resign from my job on Wednesday, which was supposed to be my return date. Dan and I had already decided I would stay home with our babies for about 2 years, especially with us moving to NC (there wasn't a position available for me to transfer). As luck would have it, a position just became available in Charlotte about a month ago. So Dan and I had to decide if I would return to work or stay home as planned.
It was a difficult decision, especially given today's economic climate and the fact that I really love my job and company. I was a physician sales rep for BD Diagnostics and had the best boss in the world. But when we weighed the cost of daycare, and the irreplaceable cost of being with our babies during these early critical years (and the fact we are only having babies once!), we decided we would stick with our original plan. Luckily I left on good terms with my company, so who knows if I'll be able to return one day, or I may find a completely different career once the time comes. For now, I am thankful we are able for me to stay home with our babies and see them grow, learn, and change every day. I don't want to miss anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment