Dan and I are certainly getting used to our new surroundings, and it feels more and more like home everyday. It is very surreal to be residents of NC once again, and we spent some time just exploring the area. It's the little things a person takes for granted, like knowing where the closest post office is located. We are in search of good local mexican, but we did find the cutest breakfast place called The Knife and Fork. I'm pretty sure we'll become regulars.
Our family has really pitched in and helped us unload the truck and look after the little ones while we try to get some things unpacked. Luke and Olivia seem to be adjusting well and I just love them more and more each day (if it's even possible!) I am torn between unpacking and spending enough time with them, and I have told myself that I get unpacked when I get unpacked. They won't be little forever and I want to enjoy this time as much as possible. It really is going by amazingly fast.
Our neighborhood seems very friendly, and people wave as they drive by. There is an Easter egg hunt next weekend, and we are hoping to meet some of the neighbors then. There are a lot of kids as well, and I think Luke and Olivia will have lots of playmates eventually. We can't wait to check out the pool and playground this summer, and I hope to find a jogging stroller soon so I can get back into pre-baby shape. We truly are home at last!
No comments:
Post a Comment