We knew it wouldn't be long, and today Olivia crawled for the first time! I told Dan we better invest in some new running shoes now. She started the morning playing as usual and getting up on her hands and knees and rocking. Then she started to move an arm. I told Dan to grab the video camera because it looked like she was about to be on the move. We put her favorite singing turtle in front of her, and then left arm, right arm, left arm, right arm...she was crawling!!! She is still a little unsteady on the balance aspect, but if she sees something she wants, she definitely knows how to get there now. We have found that anything electronic (cell phone, camera, video camera) is particularly enticing and causes her to move a little faster than normal. Luke is starting to get up on his arms and knees, and we think it will only be a few short weeks before he takes off as well. For now, I'm glad only one baby is mobile. I can only imagine how crazy it will be once they are both on the move! There have been SO many changes over the past month, and every day now seems to hold something new and exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment