Monday, December 6, 2010

One year pics

If you would have told me it would be 18 degrees the morning we tried to take Luke and Olivia's 1 year pics, I would have thought you were crazy. I mean, we live in NC, not NY for goodness sakes. Unfortunately, though, that was the case the morning of December 7th. We were supposed to meet our photographer-someone we haven't used or met before but is super sweet-at 9am in downtown Huntersville. We got Luke and Olivia dressed, fed and out the door in time, and 20 minutes into taking pictures they both had a major, I'm freezing outside meltdown. So we decided to reschedule pictures for Thursday afternoon when it would be a little (fingers crossed) warmer. We tried and tried to find a place indoors and there really wasn't a good option. Dan and I joked we should turn our house into an indoor studio that looks like it's outside in the winter and we could make a forture!

We decided to meet in downtown Davidson this time because they have lots of little shops we could go into periodically to warm up. We had better luck this time, and Luke and Olivia were troopers for over an hour. At the end, we took them to a local bakery and let them have a mini cupcake for being so great and appeasing mommy =)

I'll post the link to the pictures once I get them (in about a week), and I'm hoping Lauren was able to get some good shots. I can't wait to see how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment