Sunday, June 26, 2011

Neighborhood Playdate

I have become very good friends with a few girls in our neighborhood, and some days I don't know what I would do without them. Meredith has Lilah, who is 1 mth older than Luke and Olivia. Jen has Tyler, who is 2 mths older than L and O and Stacy has Sean, who is 1 mth younger than my kiddos. Needless to say, with so many kids around the same age, it's like we have out own little traveling daycare! Jen is a teacher so she is off for the summer and Stacy is a dentist but off 2 days a week. Meredith stays home like I do, and we all see each other lots...3-4 days a week sometimes. We go to Chick Fil A for ice cream and indoor cool playtime, go to the local splash parks and spend lots of time at the parks here in our neighborhood. We rotate play dates at houses and go to Discovery Place Kids together. It has been beyond wonderful to find such a great group of girls, and I love that Luke and Olivia get some playtime with other kids as well.

We also get to see Aunt B, Uncle Marc and family usually at least 1 day a week, and we look forward to those visits as well. I love sharing our time with so many wonderful people. It was SO hard for me to leave Atlanta, my friends and my career to begin a new phase of our life in NC. But everyday I am more and more thankful for what we have, and there really is nothing better than family and good friends to not only enrich Luke and Olivia's life, but mine as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment