Monday, October 10, 2011

Projects, projects

It seems like we always have a project of some sort going on around here. Ah, the life of a homeowner.

Lately we have decided to tackle refinishing an old wine barrel. We have always wanted to have one in the dining room/eventual game room area and we found one this summer while we were camping. Dan pressure washed it, sanded it, and now it's ready to be stained and painted. I am going to put a big "b" on top along with a piece of glass so it can be used as a table.

Dan has also been spending lots of time getting the yard ready for the winter. When we moved in last March, the yard had been pretty neglected. We didn't really have time then to put much work into it. But this year he has spent hours aerating, seeding, putting hay down and watering. It looks awesome and there is already some grass starting to grow. Yay! All of his hard work is paying off.

I have been working on making Luke and Olivia's halloween costumes and putting together treat bags. I am also getting started on their 2nd birthday planning. I spend my "free time" working on my photography business, trying to design a logo and learn a new editing software (the book is 600 pages...I feel like I'm in school again!)

We have high hopes to get the dining room and Luke's bathroom painted along with finding a new table for our kitchen. That may have to wait until January!

No comments:

Post a Comment