Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Time for Halloween already?!?! Man, where has the year gone? Dan was in Japan last year for Halloween, so we were excited to have the entire family together and make some wonderful memories.

We had a busy few days leading up to Monday. On Saturday, we took Luke and Olivia to my Oma and Opa's church for their fall festival. It was L and O's first time wearing their costumes that I made-Pebbles and BamBam. They fit perfectly (whew!) and seemed happy wearing them. Thankfully Luke LOVES, LOVES, LOVES to wear hats (I know-go figure) so it was a perfect costume for him. And Olivia loves wearing bows so the bone in her hair was a great addition.

We arrived at the festival around 5pm and spent some time playing games and coloring treat bags. Olivia had fun dunking the ducks in the water tub while Luke was enjoyed throwing balls at cans. Then it was time for a quick dinner with Oma and Opa before heading for home. Dan and I had a Halloween party to attend in our neighborhood, so we wanted to get Luke and Olivia bathed and ready for bed before we left.

Thanks, MauMaw and PauPaw for staying at the house while Dan and I went out for a few hours dressed at Dorothy and Bad Banana. It was nice to have some time out with just the two of us. On Sunday, we pretty much took it easy and spent lots of time playing together. I also did a photo shoot for my sister and her family, which was lots of fun. I truly can't believe how quickly my nephews and niece are growing!

On Monday, we had a Halloween parade in our neighborhood that started at 4:30pm. I attended the parade last year but didn't know too many neighbors at that point. This year was extra fun as we have met lots of great people over the past year and Luke and Olivia have their friends to play with. We got to see the Mount Holly Fire Truck and all of the kids looked fantastic in their costumes. Dan and I even got into the spirit and dressed up as Wilma and Fred-we were the Flintstone Family! We then had a mini parade through the neighborhood. Dan and I took turns pulling Luke and Olivia in their wagon while we followed behind the fire truck. Afterwards, we all met back at the clubhouse for a bit before heading home for a quick dinner. Then it was time to trick or treat for our first time.

We met up with our friends Meredith, Dave, little Lilah, Anna, Rich and little Ava to go trick or treating around 6:15pm. My mom also joined us as I was having my tonsils out the next morning. More on that later... It took Luke and Olivia just a house or two to figure out the candy thing! They loved holding out their bucket and saying "treat please". They were real troopers and we walked around for almost an hour and a half going from house to house of neighbors we knew. It was nice to have the wagon with us, too, so they could take a break when they needed. At one point, Luke opened a reese's peanut butter cup and was eating it, black wrapper and all. He looked so proud of himself! Olivia preferred the suckers and held onto the same two for much of the evening. By the time we got them home and settled, it was almost 8:30pm and we had two tired but happy little trick or treaters in our home! Now what to do with all of this candy!















No comments:

Post a Comment