Today we took Luke and Olivia to their 2 yr appointment. Now that they are getting older, they are starting to remember trips to to doctor, and they remember they don't usually like it! Luckily they only had to get one shot each today, so it wasn't too bad. The nurse did the initial measurements and then it was time for Dr. Colyer to do her exam.
Let's just say thank goodness Dan was with me, because Olivia decided to have a full on 20 minute tantrum. While I was working with her, Dan was able to play with Luke and keep him entertained while Dr. Colyer tried to examine Olivia. Luke also got an exam, and as expected, they both are progressing well.
For the past month or so, I had been writing down questions I had for Dr. Colyer. I was hoping she had a magic "how to deal with 2 year old tantrums" wand, but no such luck! She said it is perfectly normal and this too shall pass. Time out usually works for Luke and ignoring Olivia seems to calm her down the fastest. We are also going to switch them from whole milk to 2% milk and start working on giving up the paci's at nighttime later this month (maybe!). She said it was ok to keep giving them a vitamin and keep trying different foods. Apparently it isn't just our kids that can be picky eaters! She said unless they get sick, she won't see them again until they are 3 years old. I remember the first year of their life it seemed like we were going in for checkups all of the time, so not having another check up for a whole year seems kinda weird. More milestones!
Luke and Olivia are both running and talking up a storm. So hard to believe they just had their 2 year check up. They are definitely toddlers now and while part of the transition from babyhood to toddlerhood makes me sad, it's also amazing to see how far they've come since birth. Tiny, helpless little babies to independent, "I'll do it myself" people.
Here are their measurements from today:
Luke:
26.8 pounds; 29%
33.75" long; 57%
Head circumference: 48.5cm 44%
Olivia:
22.6 pounds; 4%
33" long; 25%
Head circumference: 45.5cm 8%
No comments:
Post a Comment