Recently Dan and I celebrated our 35th birthdays. Mine was on April 14 and Dan's was on May 5th. I just realized this year that all of our birthdays (Luke and Olivia included) fall on the same day of the week. This year, all of our birthdays fall on a Saturday. Yahoo!
For my birthday, Dan arranged to have a cookout at our friends house. Several of our very good friends were able to join us and it was so much fun to see all of the kids playing together. Dan also got me my very first "professional" camera. I've been shooting with a Nikon D5000, and soon (it's still on backorder) I will have a new Nikon 800. I CANNOT wait to get it!!! This camera will give me a lot more versatility and now I have a second camera for weddings so I don't have to switch lenses. Now I just hope my business continues to grow!
For Dan's birthday, he played golf last Sunday with a good friend of his and we are going to a Knights game this Saturday night with a group of friends. We also went to dinner on Cinco de Mayo (his actual birthday) with the kiddos at Taco Mac and some other friends. Luke and Olivia actually do really well when we go out to dinner and they will sit in their highchairs for upwards of 45 minutes. We are very thankful because we have lots of friends that aren't so lucky. They love to "people watch" and talk with everyone.
On April 28th, my mom babysat and we had a much needed date night at PF Changs. It was prom night and so fun to see all of the teenagers all dressed up. Boy, did that bring back memories! It was so nice to enjoy a meal at our own pace :)
It's hard to believe we are already in our mid-thirties, but life is exactly as we had hoped it would be. Beautiful family, beautiful marriage, beautiful house and great careers. We couldn't ask for anything more!




No comments:
Post a Comment