Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Past 2 Months

Since Dan and I are just now getting our blog up and running, I thought I would give a few highlights from the past couple of months.



We celebrated my 32nd birthday at my favorite restaurant in Atlanta, Kyma, just two days after finding out I was pregnant. The waiter was so nice and asked the bartender to mix a few fruit juices together for me in a martini glass so we could "toast" the occasion.



Later in April, we traveled to NC to celebrate my nephew's 9th birthday. I can't believe how quickly he is growing...I was there when he was born!



We celebrated Dan's birthday on Cinco de Mayo by going to the Braves game. It was the first time with friends I had to come up with multiple excuses as to why I wasn't enjoying a Tomahawk beer. Luckily I had the birthday boy DD excuse!


We also celebrated a friends birthday in the beginning of June, and that is when we made our pregnancy news "public" to everyone since I was at the 12 week mark. It was great, as there were 4 pregnant women at the party, all lined up on the couch drinking bottles of water. Other guests were sure to keep their wives/girlfriends away from our side of the couch, and cautioned them to not drink the water!!!
We have also made the decision to relocate to NC before the babies are born to be closer to family. We are going to need all the extra hands and help we can get! It will be hard to leave all of the friends and friends that are like family in Atlanta, but we know we will visit when we can, and we hope to have a guest room in our new house so we can have visitors, too! We have made several trips to NC to look at houses over the past few months, and spent countless hours on the internet as well. We hope to find something soon, and move sometime by the end of August/first of September. That doesn't leave much time to find a house, negotiate a price, and close, but we are optimistic it will all fall into place soon! Luckily we have sold our house in GA, so it will make moving that much easier. More updates to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment