Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Worst Kept Secret

After celebrating my birthday the evening before (mojitos included), I woke up feeling not quite right. And I'm not talking about the I'm going to be sick because I drank too much feeling. More like, omigosh, I think I might be pregnant feeling. So as Dan slept, I took the first of many pregnancy tests. I was in total shock and disbelief....were there TWO lines? After hoping month after month to see that second elusive line, I thought my eyes were deceiving me. I couldn't wait to wake Dan up so he could verify the second line as well. I don't know who was more shocked! Could it be a false positive? I needed verification! So off we went to Kroger at 8am on Easter Sunday to get another test, just to be sure. And there it was again...a plus sign this time!

WE WERE PREGNANT!!!!!!

We know, tradition says to wait until we are past the "first trimester", the all important 12 week milestone. But patience is NOT my virtue, so let the phone calls begin! We called our parents first, siblings, and close friends to share our much anticipated news. Even though it was early in the pregnancy, we were hopeful that everything would go well, and by Chrismas, we would have a beautiful new baby to hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment