I went for my check up with the perinatologist Friday and just like usual, one baby cooperated, and one didn't. Is this a sign of what's to come? This time our little girl was posing for the camera like she was on Project Runway, while our baby boy had his face buried so deeply it looked like he was in the witness protection program! We were barely able to get his head measurements.
Our baby girl had a heart rate of 141 and weighed 2lbs, 14 oz. Quite the growth since my last appointment! She had her eyes open, was yawning and stretching her arms (well, as much as she can in that tight space!). It was pretty amazing to see her so active, especially since her features are more fully formed now. She was laying completely horizontally across my abdomen. Her measurements looked good and were within the "normal" range.
Our little boy had a heart rate of 153 and weighed 3lbs, 8 oz. He was laying diagonally across my abdomen, so not only is he taking more of the nutrients right now, he is taking more of the space! I'm sure his sister will remember that after they are born! Her face was laying right by his little booty. We weren't able to see his face clearly this time because we couldn't get him to flip over, but thankfully his measurements were also in the "normal" range and that is what really matters.
Dr. Nathan was slightly concerned with their weight variance (18%). He would like it to be less than 20-25%. But so far it is ok and we are just going to monitor it throughout my appointments. I am now going to the OB every 2 weeks and the perinatologist every 2-3 weeks. The appointments are one of my few adventures out of the house since I'm still on restricted activity. My cervix was measuring a little short again, so he told me to continue to stay off of my feet as much as possible. Dr. Nathan seems to think I'll be able to get to 34-36 weeks as long as there are no unforeseen problems. I can't believe we'll be parents by Thanksgiving!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment