Today I conquered a complete feeding/changing session all by myself. While this doesn't sound like a major accomplishment, I was very proud! I think the babies were easy on me as they barely cried at all. Usually Luke cries when you take his milk away to burp him, but I think he felt sympathy for me! They were great, and fell asleep pretty quickly afterwards.
Unfortunately the same can't be said for the night-time. Olivia has colic (so we think) and refuses to sleep after the 8pm and 11pm feedings. I guess she is so tired after the 2am feeding, she crashes. That is when Luke takes over being fussy, preventing us from getting much sleep at night. We are SO looking forward to a 4 hour schedule, but it doesn't seem like it will happen very soon. Luke wakes up after 3 hours like clockwork. We are seeing Dr. Mona again on Monday the 4th, and we'll discuss feeding schedules, amounts, etc with her then. For now, we are thankful to get 4 hours of sleep a night!
No comments:
Post a Comment