Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A week of many firsts

It's hard to believe Lucas and Olivia are already 1 week old. Technically, one week and one day, but who's counting! From their first day in the world, first time leaving the hospital, first car ride, first time coming home to join our family, first trip to the pediatrician...too many to list. Even though we are tired, we loving every minute! Sleep is SO overrated! I wish I could freeze time and their little faces forever! There is a special bond to having twins for us as parents and them as siblings, and it brings tears to my eyes to see how comforted they are by being so close to one another. I wonder how long we'll be able to swaddle them up and lay them beside each other in their pack and play before they learn how to break free!

Today will be our first full day on our own without family visitors or doctors appointments. Just us and our house all day, and I can't wait! I think things will go a little smoother since we don't have to rush out of the house for an appointment. It is so nice that Dan works from home because he can help me out sometimes, but I am already dreading his first trip away in January. I don't know who it will be harder for...him, me, or the babies! For now, we are taking it one minute at a time and loving our perfect family.



Here are some pics from their first baths:

No comments:

Post a Comment