Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day is one of the most special days of the year to me because I get to celebrate being a mommy to Luke and Olivia. They are the joy of my life, and while raising twins can be tough at times, I wouldn't trade my life for anything in the world.

Since Dan had to be in Japan on Mother's Day, we celebrated a little early. Luke and Olivia got me a beautiful Pandora bracelet and colored me the most wonderful picture. They also brought me flowers, which made the whole house bright and cheery. We celebrated the day by just hanging out and going to the park. Spending time with my babies is the most precious gift in the world. Every day truly holds a new adventure and not only are they learning more everyday, so am I.

Who knew that Luke and Olivia would be the ones teaching me a thing or two? I teach them colors, numbers, how to stack blocks, how to eat with a utensil...the basics of life. All the while they are teaching me patience, how to appreciate the simple things in life, and how to be more selfless. I have learned over the past 17 months that there really is no harder job in the world than motherhood (really, parenthood in general), but it is also hands down the most rewarding thing I have ever done in my life, and I am thankful every day God chose me to be their mommy.

The precious moments of mommy-hood are moving too quickly for me, and as much as I try to freeze time, I also realize it is the process of them growing up into adulthood. I hope each day I can teach them one thing that they can carry with them as they grow from toddlers to kids to *gasp* teenagers, no matter how small the lesson may be. My love for Luke and Olivia is complete and pure, and I hope they know each and every day I am proud to be their mommy.




Love these little faces!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment