Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I think I can, I think I can

Whew, what a week we have had since Dan left! Dan left last Saturday as Luke and Olivia were on the verge of getting sick. By Sunday they both had full on colds, and by Monday we were visiting with the doctor. Dr. Colyer said neither baby had ear infections and their lungs were clear, so stick with benadryl at night and have them sleep upright. Apparently they just had a very bad cold and there wasnt' much else we could do.

Luke slept in his old car seat next to my bed, but I use the word "sleep" very lightly! He more like napped for 20 minutes, woke himself up coughing, cryed for a bit and then fell back asleep. Repeat process for several nights in a row. Olivia did a little better, but she still managed to wake herself up several times during the night. Which meant no one in the Bartlett house was getting any sleep, except for Piper the cat =)

By Wednesday, it looked as if Olivia had an irritation in her eye, so I called the after hours nurse. Four hours later (almost 9pm) I had a prescription in hand for pink eye. Thursday morning we were off to the doctor again because Olivia was feeling worse. It turned out she had a double ear infection on top of the pink eye. Luke managed to pick up a mild case of pink eye as well, but I (thankfully) have managed to dodge that bullet thus far. I have, however, had a terrible sore throat and headache, which was inevitable given all of the cooties floating around here!

Thankfully everyone seems to finally be on the mend, and if Luke could just get his last 3 molars through his sore little red gums, we would all feel much bettter. He is the slowest teether ever, and I feel so sorry for his poor mouth. I am SOOOOO appreciative of all of the family that has helped us out by picking up prescriptions, bringing us food...anything we have needed. THANK YOU! Dan gets home in 3 days, and Friday can't get here soon enough!


Don't they look just pitiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment