Thursday, June 2, 2011

18 Month Check Up

Luke and Olivia had their 18 month check up today and it was by far, the easiest and least painful of all appointments we have had so far. Yay! =) Since they were all caught up on their shots, they didn't have to get any today (even though I was told they would get 2 each). PauPaw came with us to help out since Dan is out of town, and it's always nice to have an extra set of hands while Dr. Colyer is examining each baby. She said their development was right on track and they were doing great for their ages. I also had to complete a developmental questionnaire and they passed with flying colors. We are still going to keep the car seats rear facing since Olivia still isn't 20 pounds and the new guidelines recommend they be 2 years old. Since they have never been turned they don't know he difference, but we are ready for them to be forward facing. Soon enough...Unless something comes up, we don't have to go back for another check up until they turn 2 years old.

Here are their measurements from today:
Luke
24.0 pounds; 23%
32" long; 36%
Head circumference: 49cm 57%

Olivia
19.2 pounds; 3%
30.5" long; 15%
Head circumference: 46cm 9%

After their appointment, I took Luke to get his haircut and let's just say the third time was certainly a charm this time. He did awesome sitting in the chair and got a really good haircut for the first time ever. The stylist even put some gel in his hair, and it is so cute! I got it cut kind of short for summer so I have to get used to his new look. He is such a little man now!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the healthy, growing twins!

    ReplyDelete