I have been quite the slacker when it comes to updating our blog lately. My photography business has really picked up (yay!), but that leaves me with less time for things I enjoy doing-like updating our blog. So here goes...
Luke and Olivia love preschool and they are learning a lot. Luke still gets a little sad when I drop him off, but he never cries and is very brave after I leave. Olivia absolutely loves it, and goes straight to the bin containing 3 little pigs-they have become her favorite thing in the classroom! I love hearing about their time at school when I pick them up. What colors they used, who they ate lunch with, what they did at the playground...I get an earful! Luke recently found an acorn outside and his teacher, Miss Shannon, said he put it in his bin when he came inside and said it was for mommy. Melt. My. Heart. They have already had a visit from a fire truck, learned to "stop, drop, and roll", a petting zoo complete with a baby goat, chickens, and bunnies, and are looking forward to their pumpkin patch. In a fun way, they are also learning to follow directions, take turns, share and interact with other children. Their teachers say they are really good and don't cause any problems at all. We are so proud of them!
Some mornings after they wake up, we love to sit in one of their rooms and read books. Often they will clear off their entire bookcase. Here are some pics of us one recent Sunday morning doing one of the things they love:
It seems as if the birthday party season is kicking off in full force! Several of our friends kids will turn 3 between now and January, including Luke and Olivia. Here are some pics of them at Tyler's birthday party, which was truck themed. Luke spent over an hour a the sand table, and his attention spanned impressed everyone. Olivia was happy bouncing around to different activities, including painting a birdhouse and working at the tool bench.
Another thing they LOVE to do is help me cook. They quickly figured out that if the mixer is out, there is usually something sweet in the bowl. Do you think Olivia likes it?
Now that the weather is getting cooler, I have been working on going through their closets. It's always kinda sad to go through their clothes from last year and discover that most don't fit. So many reminders everyday of how quickly they are growing up! We turned trying on clothes into a fashion show of sorts and they so enjoyed layering up with shirts, jackets, hats, scarves, etc. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture, but I'm sure they'll be lots more "fashion shows" in our future!
They are talking, talking, talking and moreso with each other than ever before. I love to just sit back and listen to their conversations as they negotiate for toys, etc. They also "debate" one another. Recently we were talking about their friends in class and I asked Olivia if Jack was handsome or pretty. Olivia said pretty and Luke said "no, Jack's a boy so he's handsome." Olivia said "no, he's pretty" (moreso just to aggravate Luke because she knows the difference). They discussed this at length until they both agreed Jack was handsome. It was hilarious! Olivia has taken to calling Luke "Lukester" and Luke still calls Olivia "YeeYee". I think these will be their nicknames that stick.
We are preparing for Halloween and this year they will be Mickey and Minnie. This might be the last year we'll be able to get away with dressing them as complimentary characters. Dan and I are going to wear Mickey and Minnie t-shirts as well. We are also going to have a Mickey and Minnie birthday party complete with a clubhouse adventure (if I'm able to pull it off in time!). They are SO into Mickey Mouse clubhouse right now so we thought this would be a good year to do all things Mickey and Minnie (except for Disney...we're saving that for when they are a little older).
I'll post about our trip to the pumpkin patch soon. I hope to take them to another one this week, so I'll probably just do one post for both trips. Otherwise, we are staying busy and enjoying the perfect fall weather.






No comments:
Post a Comment