We had our weekly check up with the OB today and things are progressing well. I am measuring 38 weeks, my BP was 110/70 and my iron still slightly low at 11.8. I will continue on the iron supplement until delivery, which will be scheduled as of now for sometime during the week of Dec 7th. However, the doctor doesn't seem to think I'll make it that long since my cervix has thinned and I am already dilating.
I have also developed a condition known as PUPPS, which is nothing serious and more annoying than anything. It simply means my entire body itches 24/7, and nothing seems to help. I have these little red dots on my skin, which is considered a rash of some sort. Ah, the little known facts of pregnancy! It is nearly impossible to sleep or rest comfortably (as if it weren't already difficult!). He told me I could try benadryl, and if it doesn't work he will send me to a dermatologist. The only real cure is delivery. Darn sensitive skin!
We go back next Friday for another check-up. It won't be long now!
No comments:
Post a Comment