Saturday, November 21, 2009

A New Due Date

Friday was filled with doctors appointments once again, and the babies were very restless by the end of the day! I think they were ready to be left alone!

We started out at the perinatologist's office and got very good news...the babies are growing great and there is a small chance they'll have to spend any extended time in the NICU! Dr. Nathan was very happy with our progress. Baby girl weighs around 5.15 lbs and baby boy weighs around 6.3 lbs. That's 12 pounds of baby...whew! He also wants to move my due date up 1 week because of the cholestatis and the fact they are already a good size. So depending on the doctor and hospital schedule, it will be Nov 30th or Dec 1st. Ten days or less!!! We will go back next Wed. to make sure things still look good. He seems to think I'll go into labor on my own before the new date, but only God knows the answer to that.

Then it was off to the OB's office for a quick check. I'm am still showing signs of early labor, but that's to be expected. I'm now measuring around 41 weeks. They agreed with Dr. Nathan to the new due date, and we should know for sure once we speak with their scheduler on Monday. We have a pre-op appt on Tues and once last check before delivery.

Now that the time is near, I'm getting a little anxious about the delivery itself. We talked with Dr. Alarcon about what the c-section involves and what we should expect. Thank goodness Dan will be by my side every step of the way, because he will help keep me calm and focused on the ultimate gift ever...hearing our babies cry for the very first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment