Last week we had two doctor appointments, and we are getting excited that we'll get to meet our babies in just a few weeks! Monday we went to the OB for a basic check-up. My BP, iron and weight all look good. The babies are still measuring around 37-38weeks. We spoke with Dr. Alarcon regarding possible delivery options and time-lines. He said they won't schedule me to deliver until 38 weeks because they want their lungs to be as developed as possible. While it seems like forever, I can deal with the discomforts as long as they are healthy. I will go back next Friday and we will begin to look at the calendar and try to schedule a date if possible. Unless baby girl turns, it looks like I will be a scheduled C-section.
Then we went to the perinatologist on Friday, and my friend Karen was able to come to the appointment with us. How often do you get to see twins on an ultrasound? The good news is they are both right on track from a growth perspective. Baby girl has really hit a growth spurt, and unbelievably they are both weighing the same...4.6 lbs each! His heartrate was around 156 and hers was around 150. Their measurments were right on track and Dr. Nathan is pleased with their progress. Baby boy is still laying head down oblique across my abdomen and baby girl is transverse across my abdomen, which means almost certain c-section.
I will go back in 3 weeks, and he said they could probably schedule me for delivery sometime during the 37th week. He will discuss the options with my OB as his concern is that my uterus can only stretch so far, and I am vertically challenged to begin with! So it looks like we'll be delivering sometime between Thanksgiving and the first of Dec (unless the babies have plans of their own!) That is only 3-5 weeks away, and I am counting every second! I can't wait to feel "normal" again, and even more, I can't wait to finally hold our little boy and little girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment