It's that time again. Time for the bi-annual Moms of Multiples sale. I love this sale because I am usually able to get all of Luke and Olivia's clothes for the next season and find a few new toys as well. Thankfully this time I didn't have a lot of things I was looking.
I always start in the "big item" section to see if there are any good deals on table/chair sets, etc. We are pretty set in those areas for now, so it was onto the smaller toys,books, puzzles, etc. I could spend hours just looking at the books and DVD's, but these sales are all about moving fast :) I found a new Thomas the Train puzzle (their current favorite, along with Elmo and Mickey) and a few new books.
Then it was onto the shoes and clothes. There are always LOTS of girl clothes, so I started looking for Luke first. The selection didn't seem to be as big this time, but it's also because I am no longer looking in the "baby" section where clothes in good shape are plentiful. Sigh...our babies are growing up! I found some great play shirts for the summer and a few pairs of shorts as well, along with some new swim trunks. I had hoped to find some tennis shoes in good shape, but no luck this time.
Then I moved onto Olivia's section. I always have a hard time shopping for her because a)girls clothes are just so darn cute b)she is tall-ish but skinny so 18 mth pants are too short but 24 mths are too big in the waist c)there are LOTS of clothes to look through and d)girls can wear skirts, shorts, capris, shirts, one piece outfits...it's endless! For boys, it's pretty much a polo, a button down shirt or a t-shirt with shorts. I managed to narrow it down to just a few things that should work for all summer.
After I was done, I made one more quick trip around just to make sure I didn't miss anything and then it was time to head for home. I got to the sale at 6:30pm and didn't end up leaving until almost 10:30pm. Thanks, babe, for making sure Luke and Olivia got fed, bathed and in bed while I was out. Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment