I couldn't believe it when Dan mentioned to me several months ago that he thought it might be time to consider getting a mini van. We have always thought we could get by with the Rav-4, but after our last trip to Atlanta it was very apparent that we could use more room!
Between 2 pack n plays, 2 high chairs, luggage for 4, toys, etc, there was barely room for us to sit. It's also impossible for Luke and Olivia to eventually have a friend in the car with them, which makes carpooling once school starts a non-option. We could certainly get by with our current car, but a van would make life easier, and considerably more comfortable! We also considered getting a larger SUV, but for a variety of reasons, that just didn't make sense for our family.
We have been looking for awhile and a couple of weeks ago we test drove the 2 vans we had narrowed it down to: a Toyota Sienna and a Honda Odyssey. It seems as if that is what 90% of mini van owners buy now. I can see why. They are super nice on the inside (and outside, too), ride smoothly and have an abundance of safety features. And oh, my...the space inside is a dream!
After much discussion, we decided to get a charcoal gray/gray interior Honda Odyssey, which is now parked in our garage. Dan was off of work for President's Day, so we decided to take the leap and make the purchase before we changed our minds! Dan will take over my Rav-4, we sold his Xterra, and I will drive our new van. I know we will love the extra space, and we look forward to our next road trip! Now, I just have to figure out what all of the buttons are for.....
No comments:
Post a Comment