We had a brief visit yesterday with our OB yesterday and everything is still going great. They did the test to see if I have gestational diabetes, and should find out the results next week. They also tested my iron, which was a little low (should be 12 and mine was 11.2), so they have added an iron supplement to my prenatal vitamins. I am hoping it doesn't make me nauseous as they advised it might because I am just now beginning to eat somewhat normally! Also, I am steadily gaining weight and trying not to obsess about the scale too much. I just keep telling myself the babies have to grow big and healthy so each pound I gain makes them that much stronger.
During our visit with the doctor, the nurse let us listen to the heartbeats. We heard our little boy's heartbeat and she started to put the doppler away. The doc looked at her and said "you're not done yet!" She looked so confused as she didn't realize I had TWO buns in the oven! Her face was so funny. Our son also kicked while listening to the heartbeat, and it was so loud. I guess he didn't like being awakened from his nap! We go to the perinatologist next Friday, and soon we'll start going to the doctor every two weeks (which will end up being every week between the two docs!).
We also got an update from our realtor this week regarding the house we made an offer on. Long story short, we should get more final details after the foreclosure processes on Sept 23rd, and if all goes well we should have a close date for sometime mid-late October. It's certainly not ideal, but we would LOVE to be somewhat settled before delivery day. At least we'll be able to get the nursery and basic things set up beforehand. Our realtor wasn't kidding when she said dealing with a foreclosure was a pain! We just hope our patience will all be worth it in the end!
No comments:
Post a Comment