I went to the perinatologist yesterday and although there has been some slight improvement, he thought it would be best if I go on short term leave until the babies are born. He said that because of all of the walking and driving involved with my job, after 2-3 days back at work I would be right back where I was a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately I can't really do my job from home, and I don't have the option to work half days. I know I should enjoy the downtime, but I wish I could be more productive with all the time off! Never again in my life will a doctor say "you know what...take it easy for 8 weeks!" He told me to keep my walking to a minimum, so luckily they eased the restrictions a little bit.
It looks like Dan will be traveling to Cleveland Mon-Fri until November (the babies could come any time after that), but we are making the best of the situation. We know it is only for a short period of time. We are also making progress towards purchasing our house in NC, and we are so optimistic we are planning a going away/baby shower for October 18th. Both the sellers and us have agreed to the terms of the contract, and someone from the bank has been assigned to review the paperwork. We hope to have a close date within the next two weeks, and then the planning/coordinating really begins!
No comments:
Post a Comment