Thursday, October 14, 2010

Now it's my turn

This past weekend was my first time away from Luke and Olivia for more than 1/2 a day or so. I went to Lubbock, TX for the weekend to visit my good friend Lara and her sweet baby girl Marianne (about 2 1/2 mths old). I left early Friday morning (about 6am) and returned late Sunday afternoon (about 5pm), which left Dan taking care of the babies for about 2 1/2 days.

We knew it would be good for me to have a mini-break before Dan leaves Friday for Japan again, and for Dan to see what it's like to take care of Luke and Olivia for an extended period of time. While it was SO hard to be away (thank goodness for Skype!) and I missed everyone like crazy, I knew Dan would be taking great care of our babies. He even managed to do a load of laundry, make some baby food, and have dinner ready for Sunday night. What a lucky girl I am!!!

I really enjoyed helping Lara with Marianne, who is just an adorable little girl! I was surprised at how little she seemed (about 12 pounds) compared to my babies, and they were that size just a few months ago! Time really is going by so quickly, and I look forward to them slowing down their growth rate just a little bit in the coming year.

Lara, Marianne, and me
Marianne and me

Airport Reunion

No comments:

Post a Comment