Friday, October 22, 2010

Round 2...29 days this time

It seems like Dan just got home from Japan yesterday, and now it is time for his second trip-this time for a very long 4 weeks. He left this morning on the same flight he took last time, and he will return home on November 19th, the Friday before Thanksgiving. I can't believe that by the time he returns, Luke and Olivia will be turning 1 a week and a half later.

I don't have as much planned this time as I did last time on purpose. I'm going to just see how things go and try to have something fun planned for the babies every couple of days. Tomorrow we are going hiking again with Oma and Opa, and Sunday we are going to a reunion with MauMau and PawPaw. I also want to take them to the new Discovery Place for babies that is opening this weekend. I may also have some friends visit from Atlanta, depending on how schedules work out.

I would LOVE to go back to Atlanta for Anderson's first birthday, but I need to stay here so I can also take care of Heidi. Her pelvis is mending well, but her foot is still in a cast and splint and she isn't supposed to leave the crate too much. She is getting more agile by the day, and liking her confinement less each day. Sometimes she just cries because she wants to be outside. So not only do I have Luke and Olivia to take care of, I have Heidi as well! It seems as if I am always feeding or changing someone! =)

We hope Dan's time away goes by quickly, but unfortunately we know how long the last trip seemed. I really hope none of us gets sick like last time. I got my flu shot this week, and the babies will get theirs next week. For now, we'll just take it a day at a time.

Dan with Luke and Olivia at bedtime the night before he left:

No comments:

Post a Comment